Florida, March and April 100 Thousand Poets for Change events for peace, highlighting issues of gun violence & memorial for Parkland.
1) MARCH 13, Coconut Creek, Florida: Laura McDermott, Orange Island Arts Foundation, Executive Director- March 13, 5:30-7:30 PM “Poetry for Parkland: Poetry of Peace”, Auditorium of the North Regional County Library, located on Broward College’s North Campus (1100 Coconut Creek Blvd, Building 62, Coconut Creek, FL 33066). Florida Poet Laureatre Peter Meinke will be participating. For more information contact Laura McDermott, Broward College, Associate Professor of English email@example.com or Secondary Contact: Andrew McFeaters Broward College, Associate Professor of English firstname.lastname@example.org
2) MARCH 14, Miami, Florida: 100 Thousand Poets for Change: SWWIM Against Violence 6:30-7:30 Wynwood Yard March 14. Poets that will be reading with selected students include Michael Hettich, Mia Leonin and Caridad Moro-Gronlier. Students are from Miami Dade College, University of Miami and G. Holmes Braddock High School. Hosted by Catherine Esposito Prescott and Jen Karetnick. Open mic at the end if time. Please come and support. For More Information contact: Jen Karetnick and Catherine Esposito Prescott at email@example.com.
3) MARCH 21, Pensacola, Florida: Organizer: Brett Hutchins- March 21m 6pm-8pm CDT .From the Ground Up Presents “Poems For Parkland” , From The Ground Up Community Garden, 501 North Hayne Street, Pensacola, Florida 32501. In conjunction with 100 Thousand Poets for Change (Official) and in solidarity with March events across the state. Honor World Poetry Day with us in the garden and this open mic poetry event, which encourages individuals to express their feelings about the recent tragedy in Parkland, Florida. Poets are invited on stage to read on our topic “Poems for Parkland.” So grab your chairs, drinks, snacks and listening ears and enjoy this heartfelt evening in the garden. For more information contact. Brett Hutchins, firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) MARCH 22, Tallahassee, Florida: Michael Rothenberg and Terri Carrion, organizers,“A World With Guns: Poems of Protest and Memorial” March 22, 7pm, Black Dog at Railroad Square, Tallahassee, Florida. Open mic and readers signup. For more information contact: email@example.com 305-753-4569
5) MARCH 23, Jacksonville, Florida: Hosted by Keri Foster and Bards and Brews, “Poetry Reading / Verse Against Violence” Friday, March 23 at 10 PM – 12 BABS’ LAB, CoRK Arts District North 603 King St, Jacksonville, Florida 32204 More information: The reading is free but a $5 donation is suggested for the use of BABS’ LAB, CoRK Arts District North. For more information contact Keri Foster, firstname.lastname@example.org
6) MARCH 25, St. Augustine, Florida: Chris Bodor, organizer- Ancient City “Poets for Peace,” March 25 open mic 3 pm Corazon Cinema and Café St. Augustine, FL 32084 For more info contact Chris Bodor email@example.com / www.bodor.org / (904) 501.0043
7) APRIL 7, Orlando, Florida : Organizer: Russ Golata, “Poetry to Stop The Madness,” Orlando Mead Gardens, 1300 S Denning Dr, Winter Park, FL 32789 Sat April 7 at noon. For more information: Russ Golata firstname.lastname@example.org